- 2 cups rice,soaked 6-8 hour
- ½ cup urad dal soaked 6-8 hour
- ¼ cup chora dal(lentils)6-8 hour
- 1 tbsp ginger,chilli paste
- Salt to taste
- ½ teaspoon fruit salt or eno
- Garnish for oil
- Pinch of hing
- 1 tbsp sesame seeds
- ½ teaspoon coarsely ground black pepper
- ½ cup cooked rice
1.Drain the rice and blend in the mixer to coarse batter and add water as required. And keep aside.
2. Drain urad dal,chora dal, cooked rice blend in the mixter to smooth batter .Add water as required.and keep a side
3.combine all dal batter and rice batter to gather and add oil,hing,salt and ginger chillies paste and mix well.
4.before the steaming sprinkle the fruit salt or eno and add 8-10 drop water over it and mix well
5.Prepare a steam cooker for steaming Idra
6. Grease an Idra plate with oil and Spread the batter evenly on a greased plate.Sprinkle pepper powder on the batter and steam for 10-12 minutes,after checking the idra cook as well.
7.Repeat the steaming process for the rest of the Idara.
8. Cut the steamed Idra into any shape and serve it on a serving plate.
9.Serve hot or warm idra with green chutney and cold mango pulp.