1 1 cup rice
2 ¼ cup tuvar dal
3 ¼ chana dal
4 ¼ urad dal
5 ¼ cup yogurt
6 salt to taste
7 ¼ teaspoon sanchar
8 ¼ cup dodhi
9 1 teaspoon ginger , chilli paste
10 1 teaspoon eno
11 teaspoon coriander powder
12 ½ teaspoon turmeric powder
13 1 teaspoon sesame seeds
14 2 tbsp crushed peanuts
15 1 teaspoon mustard seeds
16 pinch of hing
17 8- 10 curry leaves
18 ¼ cup oil
- Take Handvo flour mix in a big bowl(if using rice and daal then wash and soak the rice and dals together for 6-8 hours. Drain and keep aside. Grind to a paste)
- Take a big container and add handvo flour or grind paste, add yogurt, salt sanchar, turmeric powder, coriander powder ,crushed peanuts, ginger chilli paste mix ingredients very well and make kind batter consistency.
- Allow to ferment overnight or at least 8-10 hours and put in a warm place.
- Next day fermentation is complete, add grated dudhi and also at this time, add ENO and mix very well.
- Heat the oil in a non-stick kadhai and add the mustard seeds , sesame seeds, curry leaves, hing saute for a few minutes.and keep mixing.
- Batter evenly to make a thick layer.
- Cover and cook on a slow to medium flame for 6-8 minutes or till the base turns golden brown and crisp.
- . Lift over the handvo nicely using 2 large flat spoons and turn it over to the other side.also other side cook and cover slowly flame 5-7 minutes or till golden brown colour.
- Serve and enjoy handvo hot or cold with coffee or tea. It tastes great anytime.