-1 tbsp oil
-1 tbsp sugar
-2 chilli paste
-1 tsp ginger,garlic paste
-½ tsp coriander seeds (crushed)
-¼ tsp ajwain / carom seeds
-½ tsp pepper (crushed)
-¼ tsp turmeric
-½ tsp kashmiri red chilli powder
-pinch hing / asafoetida
-1 tbsp lemon juice
-¾ tsp salt
-¼ tsp baking soda or eno
-¾ cup fresh fenugreek leaves / methi (finely chopped)
-3 tbsp coriander (finely chopped)
-1 tbsp rava / semolina / suji (fine)
-1 cup besan / gram flour
-oil for frying
– ½ cup water
-½ cup chopped green onion (optional)
- Take a bowl, add gram flour flour, sooji, methi, green onion, cilantro, ginger-chili-garlic paste, salt,coriander seeds,carom seeds,pepper, turmeric powder, chili powder and sugar. Mix well.
- Add little oil. Now Add water little by little in the mixture. Make sure no lump in batter . It should be thick, not watery. Keep aside.about 20 minutes.
- When you are ready for frying, add baking soda and squeeze lemon juice over baking soda. Give it a mix.
- Heat oil in a pan over medium flame. Once oil is hot enough, drop small balls in oil using your hand. Fry them on medium to low flame. Frying them all sides until golden brown.
- Remove the kitchen paper towel.
- Methi Na Gota is ready.
- Serve and Enjoy hot or warm methi gota with Green Chutney, kadhi, sweet chutney tea or coffee.