1 200gm gram flour
2 ¼ turmeric powder
3 taste to salt
4 oil for frying
5 ¼ cup oil
6 ⅛ tbsp baking soda
7 pinch of hing
8 ¼ tbsp carom seeds
- Firstly take a large bowl in 1 cup gram flour.add ¼ tsp turmeric, ¼ tsp ajwain, pinch hing and ¼ tsp salt. mix well.
- also, add 2 tbsp oil and ¼ tsp baking soda.mix it.make sure spices are mixed well.
- Now add ¼ cup water (or as required) and knead the dough
- the dough will be slightly sticky, greased and kneaded to smooth, soft and Non sticky dough.
- grease the large-holed mould with some oil and stuff dough into it.
- further, press and spread the gathiya / sev in hot oil forming a circle in the hot oil and make sure you do not overlap.
- after a minute, flip over and fry the other side.
- Finally, drain the kitchen paper to absorb oil and repeat making more gathiya with the remaining dough.serve and enjoy bhavnagari gathiya with tea or chilli pickle!!!