1 3 cups khatta dhokla flour
2 1 tsp fenugreek seeds
3 1/2 cup fresh yogurt
4 1 tbsp sesame seeds
5 1 tsp green chilli paste
6 1/2 tsp ginger paste
7 1 tsp oil
8 1 tsp baking soda or Eno
9 ½ teaspoon red chilly powder
10 1 teaspoon garlic paste (optional)
11 pinch of hing
- Combine the khatta dhokla flour, fenugreek seeds, yogurt ,hing and warm water (approx. 2 1/4 cups) in a bowl and mix well using your hands. Cover and keep aside to ferment for at least 8 to 10 hours or over night.
- Mix the fermented batter well, add green chilli, ginger paste,garlic paste , oil and salt. Mix well.
- Add baking soda or Eno and 1½ tbsp of water and mix very well.
- Grease 175 mm. (7″) diameter thali grace the oil.
- Pour 1 portion of the batter immediately into the greased thali and shake the thali clockwise to spread it to make an even layer.
- Sprinkle little red chilli powder, and sesame seeds evenly over it and steam in a steamer for 10 -12 minutes or till the dhoklas are cooked. You can also sprinkle little black pepper powder.
- Cool slightly and cut into diamond or square shaped equal pieces.
- Repeat the same steps 6 to 8 to make 2 more thalis.
- Serve the White Dhokla or khatta dhokla immediately with green chutney.